Living life with celiac in the northwest suburbs of Chicago


Monday, February 21, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

I know it seems like an eternity before spring and baseball season will arrive, but since players are reporting to spring training, it got me thinking. Last summer, we were fortunate enough to score a sitter for the entire day to enjoy a Cubs game on a sunny July afternoon. I was a little concerned when I started thinking about what my dining options would be at Wrigley Field. After a phone call and lengthy conversation with the head of Wrigley's concessions, I was pleasantly surprised to know that they offer a few gluten free options at several of their concession areas (Sheffield Grill, Brew House) for those gluten intolerant fans.

We had bleacher seats, but I sent my husband on the beer run and he located a frosty Redbridge beer for me from one of the concession areas. Other snacks that are offered include gluten free gummy bears for the kids and pistachios. They do check bags and purses upon entering the field, but you are welcome to bring in your own lunch or snack which I did do.

Not to exclude our South Side fans, I investigated gluten free food at US Cellular Field as well. They have even more dining options which include sandwiches and hot dogs on gluten free bread and buns, nachos, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, and Bard's Tale gluten free beer.

So, start looking for those opening game tickets!


Chicago Cubs - Wrigley Field Concessions

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ballpark/fanmap_field.jsp

Chicago White Sox - US Cellular Field Concessions
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/attractions/index.jsp?content=concessions

No comments:

Post a Comment